CONCEALED CARRY DEFENSIVE PISTOL
October 15, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm| $150
PLEASE NOTE There is a $50 DEPOSIT upon registration.
(all deposits are transferable but not refundable)
Balance of $100 due on the day of the class – CASH ONLY!
RANGE ACCESS BEGINS AT 9:15AM. PLEASE BE THERE NO LATER THAN 9:30AM FOR SET UP AND SAFETY BRIEFING.
NO ADMITTANCE BEFORE 9:15AM.
This class is designed for individuals who carry concealed or intend to carry concealed and are seeking self defense skills for their everyday environment. The focus will be on drawing and manipulating our pistols and magazines from under the concealment of shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. items in our daily wardobe.
This class will help build skills, techniques and confidence for the beginner, or intermediate shooter. This is also a great opportunity for the advanced shooter to refresh and practice their skills as well as learn something new.
Students should dress as they normally do in their day to day environment.
All students must have a valid current New York State issued pistol permit, understand and be able to successfully maintain all shooting safety fundamentals. Working to and from and shooting from a holster a plus, but not mandatory.
Starttime is 9:30am. Students are expected to arrive no later than 9:15am for set up and range safety briefing.
The class curriculum contains:
– Basic pistol safety fundamentals.
– Range safety, orientation and proper range protocol.
– Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through).
– Concealed carry responsibilities and obligations.
– Drawing from concealment
– Dry fire / live fire drills.
– Malfunctions and stoppages.
– Reloading techniques.
– Hand to hand basics
– Reality based defense drills and techniques.
– Strong hand and weak hand shooting.
– Accuracy and speed development drills.
– Engaging multiple targets.
– Retention and disarms
– Close quarter drills
– Low light pistol drills
– Team tactics
– Gear discussion/selection.
– Cover vs. concealment
– Aternate shooting positions
All students must bring:
– Semi-automatic pistol or revolver of their choice.
– Minimum of 400 rounds of brass cased ammunition (no steel cased ammo).
– Quality eye and ear protection.
– Three magazines minimum with magazine carriers/pouch, etc.
– Pistol / caliber specific cleaning supplies or kit.
– Sturdy belt and strong side holster. Please no flimsy, dangling or cloth holsters. Leather, IWB, or Kydex preferred. PLEASE NO Blackhawk Serpa or Uncle Mike’s holsters. We recommend: Raven Concealment, StealthGearUSA, Blackpoint Tactical, C&G Holsters, Alpha Concealment, and Black Center Tactical.
– Surefire or similar hand held LED flashlight. (we have a few to loan)
– Minimum 5 dummy rounds.
– Everyday carry or pocket / belt clip folding knife.
– Everyday spring or fall weather jacket.
– Sweatshirt or hoodie or button up “concealment” style shirt.
– Pen and notepad for taking notes.
– An open mind, humble, willing to learn attitude!
For more information or questions please contact: email@example.com
This course is limited to 14 students only. First 14 to buy tickets will attend.
Students are encouraged to bring their own lunch and beverages if desired.
CUSTOMER REFUND REQUESTS OR CUSTOMER CANCELLATIONS
Class Transfer: A minimum of 48-hour advance notice of event date must be given for us to reapply your deposit to another class of your choice.
Cancellation Refund: Refunds for 75% balance of deposit amount, if no transfer is possible, but ONLY if we are notified of the cancellation up to 48-hours in advance of event date.
No-Call/No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 48-hour notice forfeit their deposit.