September 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm| $125
DEFENSIVE PISTOL SHOOTING CLASS
PLEASE NOTE There is a $25 DEPOSIT upon registration.
(all deposits are transferable but not refundable)
Balance of $100 due on the day of the class – CASH ONLY!
This course is designed to introduce the beginner or intermediate shooter to the art of defensive and tactical pistol shooting. This is also a great opportunity for advanced shooters reaffirm the foundational basics and learn new drills!
Start time is 8:00am. Students are expected to arrive no later than 7:45am for set up and range safety briefing.
– Range orientation
– Firearms safety
– Warm-up drills
– Ready positions
– Close quarters engagements
– Drawing and re-holstering techniques
– Reloading techniques and malfunction clearance drills
– Search & scan / situational awareness
– Single hand techniques (right and left and transitions)
– Moving and shooting / shooting and moving
– Failure drills
– Presentation & draw techniques
– Turning and shooting
– Cover versus concealment
– Seated position shooting
– Close range speed shooting
-Quality functional semi-automatic pistol
-4 magazines minimum
-Minimum of 500 rounds of brass cased ammunition (no steel cased ammunition)
– 5 rounds of dummy ammunition
– Belt mounted, dominant side holster. — PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. NO BLACKHAWK SERPA, FOBUS or UNCLE MIKE’S holsters. We recommend Blackpoint Tactical, Black Center Tactical, C&G Holsters, Stealth Gear USA, G-Code, or Raven Concealment. (Please visit our links page https://oftllc.us/friends-links/ for more info).
-Magazine or loading device pouches / magazine carrier, etc.
-Ammunition dump pouch (optional) – we will have several on hand to loan.
-Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
-Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning with good ankle support.
-Knee pads recommended but not mandatory.
-Clothing suitable for training in any weather – long pants – long sleeve shirt, hoodie or jacket for cold weather.
-Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
-Earmuffs and earplugs
-Note pad and pen for taking notes.
-Bag lunch and snacks / beverages for the entire day.
-Humble willing to learn attitude.
This course is limited to 12 students only. First 12 to buy tickets will attend.For more info:
CUSTOMER REFUND REQUESTS OR CUSTOMER CANCELLATIONS
Class Transfer: With 48-hour advance notice of event date we will reapply your deposit to another class of your choice.
Cancellation Refund: Refunds for 75% balance of deposit amount, if no transfer is possible, but ONLY if we are notified of the cancellation up to 48-hours in advance of event date.
No-Call/No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 48-hour notice forfeit their deposit.