February 18, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm| $150
(all deposits are transferable but not refundable)
Balance of $100 due on the day of the class – CASH ONLY
DEFENSIVE CARBINE CLASS
Great Bridge Training Presents: Defensive Carbine with OnSight Firearms Training.
This class is intended for beginning to intermediate level shooters who want to learn the skills to utilize their carbine in a defensive shooting situation.
Advanced level shooters will find this class to be an excellent review of their existing skills & experience new drills and techniques.
This nine hour class is intended to instill in students the mindset and skills to allow them to use their carbine as a defensive tool in a deadly force encounter.
Students will come away from this class with a better understanding of their carbine, and a higher level of confidence in their ability to effective operate and wield it.
It is encouraged to run this class with the gear you would normally have in home defense or self defense situation.
Students should know and be able to perform all aspects of safe firearm handing. Students should be familiar with the basics of shooting (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, follow through, etc.)
Topics for the class will include:
- Safety & Medical Brief
- Weapon Zeroes
- Gripping the Carbine
- Shooting Positions
- Mechanical Offset
- Close Range Engagements
- Multiple Threats
- Turning & Shooting
- Shooting on the Move
- Moving to Cover
- Shooting From Cover
- Pistol Transitions
- Decision Making & Shoot/No Shoot Scenarios
- Functional Carbine with at least 700 rounds of ammunition.
- Functional Semi-Auto Pistol with at least 300 rounds of ammunition.
- At least 3 carbine magazines (more is better), and the ability to carry them on your person.
- At least 3 pistol magazines (more is better), and the ability to carry them on your person.
- A Sturdy belt w/ a quality pistol holster, designed specifically for the pistol you are carrying. No nylon holsters (Uncle Mike’s), or Blackhawk Serpa-style holsters will be permitted in the class. We Recommend: Raven Concealment, Blackpoint Tactical, G-Code, Stealth Gear USA, Black Center Tactical Holsters.
- Eye and Ear protection. Electronic hearing protection is highly recommended.
- Season-appropriate clothing and rain gear (we shoot rain or shine).
- Appropriate footwear.
- Knee and Elbow pads (Optional, but highly recommended).
- Food/snacks and method of hydration (there are no restaurants nearby).
- Ready-to-learn attitude.
- Note pad and pen for taking notes.
For more information or questions please contact: email@example.com
This course is limited to 13 students only. First 13 to buy tickets will attend.
Private and group shooting lessons available – Rifle – Pistol – Shotgun
Women’s classes available.
For more info:
CUSTOMER REFUND REQUESTS OR CUSTOMER CANCELLATIONS
Class Transfer: With 48-hour advance notice of event date we will reapply your deposit to another class of your choice.
Cancellation Refund: Refunds for 75% balance of deposit amount, if no transfer is possible, but ONLY if we are notified of the cancellation up to 48-hours in advance of event date.
No-Call/No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 48-hour notice forfeit their deposit.